Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Endangered and Expressive LED's

When I am driving and just thinking (I CAN do both!)  mostly about what the heck I am going to blog about, I play this little game called Endangered Species. I like to list the things that are slowly going away and by the time our kids are adults they won't even know what these things are.  I wonder if my parents or grandparents thought like this?  New to the Endangered Species list today is:


Bank Tellers - I have not set foot into a bank in over five years. My husband has gone once to get my son a bank account.  The last time I went was to deposit money into the school PTO account when I was Treasurer.  Other than that, I NEVER go inside the bank.  Do you? If so, why? What am I missing out on? Is that where you get the seeds for the money tree everyone else seems to have in their backyard?


Perms -
I saw the last one I may see in awhile, recently.  I haven't seen or heard of anyone getting one in so long! I used to get them too.


CD's -
I almost made the mistake of referring to music in the form of a CD- I am afraid to refer to music at all for fear I am saying the wrong term.



Road Maps -
We did buy one this year after the GPS REFUSED to take us an alternate route when the highway was stopped dead for miles.  I have a feeling we will never look at it again.  The kids were fascinated by it. Actually it's a great conversation piece for any guests in my car or long boring car rides.

Do you have any for the list?

Finally,  because I really need to get back to stressing and cleaning my house - while I was thinking and driving, I remembered one of the inventions I have not gotten around to starting.  The back of the car LED scrolling screen and the one for the front that the person in front of you can read from their rear view mirror.  The things I could load into it to say.....
So much better than a bumper sticker and you can change it!
HEY LOSER, I DON'T CARE WHERE YOU VACATION, STOP ACTING LIKE YOU ARE ON ONE AND STEP ON IT!!
or
WARNING- I WILL SLAM ON MY BREAKS WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT.
or
ARE YOU WAVING AT ME?? OH, HI!!!
oh, the fun!!
Happy Tuesday! How are You?

No comments: