Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Random Thoughts

Sometimes it's just a good idea to open the flood of thoughts racing through my head so hear goes:

So proud of my youngest, who just got done at the Dr.  I am lucky enough to have three super healthy kids - so healthy that I let an entire year go by without sending them to the Dr and now we have to play catch up on the shots. Sorry guys..... Which as a working parent means you have to take a day off of work in order to get them in to the Dr.  I found it humorous that I wasn't allowed to schedule all three kids on the same day - go figure - I guess they need those co-pays.

Speaking on medical terms this year has been really interesting - a good friend of ours fell 30 feet off of a roof while doing iron-work, and has been fighting for his life ever since.  Prior to the fall, he was a tri-athlete in the best condition of his life, and thankfully this is one of the reasons for his recovery so far.  In addition to that his spirit , faith and family are a credit as well.  His wife is keeping a journal of his fight back and it is extremely moving as well as motivating so please check it out:

byronluther.com

Also, my uncle recently had a heart-mate installed after his heat failed and he has been fighting for his life as well. My Aunt is on her own working full time, travelling 3 hours to the nearest hospital, caring for my Uncle, and their family of horses and dogs and running the house.  She has been such an inspiration and I am in constant awe of her strong spirit.

Both of these families will from now on struggle to make ends meet and pay medical bills.  Whenever I am having a down day, I need to slap myself and be reminded....

Not to be a total downer - on to lighter topics....

I have only 2 weeks until school starts back up for the kids. Shoes and clothes shopping here we come, but let me tell you this is the worst thing for me as I DETEST shopping more than anything!!   I'd just order everything on-line if I could.... I tried to order the kids school supplies that way, but there didn't seem to be a good resource to do that on.... maybe in a few more years time...  We lived in an area once where on the last day of school you got a box of all the kids school supplies for the following year - it was awesome!  Too bad we had to move....

I'm looking forward to watching Jeff Lewis on Flipping Out tonight - I wish he was my best friend, with our OCD we would be so good together. I think he would love me as his assistant and I know I would love him.

I'm working on plot lines for my novel - I just can't figure out for sure which direction to go in.

Today was a crazy day at work and tomorrow is looking to be just as crazy.  Thankfully I work in a very casual environment and when the day is stressful we all kind of break down and act like complete morons, laughing  hysterically, singing show tunes and making fun of each other with rude and crude comments.  I laughed so hard at one point I almost had an accident and so did the three other women in the room.  I HATE that feeling!  Then the only guy that was around asked us all why we were all standing there with our legs squeezed together.....  For some reason we take on a southern hick (Don't worry I live in the middle of no where so I cant offend you as I am "hicky" as they get)  accent when we get goofy and then everything that is said is that much funnier.  Thank goodness for the comic relief otherwise I'd have gone insane with the amount of issues we had today that were just out of our control. 

I guess that is it for now, head is a little lighter now, just having a lot of randoms today and How are You?

BTW - I ask this question to every person I talk to so I'll start keeping a little tally for you!

No comments: