Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I don't expect you to read this - I think you will get the general idea though

TODAY WAS ONE OF THOSE DAYS. ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE THE MINUTE I LEFT THE HOUSE, THE COUCH WAS DELIVERED AND PANIC ENSUED, IT’S TOO BIG FOR THE ROOM AND EVERYTHING HAS TO BE RE-SITUATED WAS THE PHONE CALL I GOT ON MY WAY TO WORK. I MISSED THE COUCH DELIVERY BY A MERE 10 MINUTES. OH YEAH FOROT TO REMIND YOU THERE IS AN AFTERSCHOOL MUSIC PROGRAM AND OH BY THE WAY EVERYONE HAS TO WEAR RED. ALL RED. NOT JUST A LITTLE RED.WORK IS CRAZY. NON STOP PHONE CALLS, ISSUES, EMERGENCIES, AND I MEAN NON-STOP, NOT EVEN A MOMENT TO GO TO THE BATHROOM FOR ME. OH NO! I FORGOT TO REMIND THE LITTLE ONE HER SISTER ISN’T ON THE BUS FOR THE RIDE HOME-STAYING AFTER SCHOOL, HURRY CALL BIG BROTHER AND TELL HIM TO RACE TO THE END OF THE DRIVEWAY TO GET HER. HE LOVES WHEN I DO THAT TO HIM AND PROMTLY TELLS ME SO WHILE I AM TRYING TO GET OFF THE PHONE SO I CAN PUT OUT MORE FIRES AT WORK. THE POTLUCK SIGN UP SHEETS IS STILL TRYING TO TRACK ME DOWN AND I HAVE TO FIT IN MY SCHEDULE WHEN TO GET THE FOOD FOR THAT AND STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THE HECK I AM BRINGING BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT TO BE ONE OF “THOSE” PEOPLE WHO ENDS UP BRINGING A BAG OF CHIPS AND PLASTIC WARE. RACE OUT THE DOOR TO MAKE IT HOME IN TIME FOR THE MUSICAL PERFORMANCE ALL IN RED. THEN HOMEWORK AND HELP ON A PROJECT THAT IS DUE TOMORROW OF COURSE AND STILL HAVE CLOTHES IN THE DRYER WHICH MEANS WE GET TO LISTEN TO IT BARK ALL NIGHT AND I HAVE MY WHOLE FAMILY ROOM TO RE-DO WITH THE MONSTRSOITY OF A NEW COUCH STARING ME DOWN. DINNER!! THEY WANT DINNER AND A BOWL OF CEREAL ISNT GOING TO CUT IT. CAN’T EVEN SIT ON THE NEW COUCH FOR ALL THE STUFF I HAVE TO DO, OH MY GOSH, I FORGOT TO BREATH, I CAN’T SLEEP BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN RUNNING ALL DAY LIKE A TURKEY WHO CAN SEE THE WRITING ON THE WALL AND I NOW WANT TO KNOW WHY I HAVE TO STILL FIND TIME TO WORKOUT AFTER A DAY LIKE THIS????!!


But it’s just one day, tomorrow will be different. How are you?

7 comments:

Kate Geisen said...

I'm having a minor panic attack just reading that. I hope you get time to sit on the (enormous) couch. And work out.

Me, I can feel myself getting fat. Once I get home from my kid's volleyball practice (we should roll into the driveway around 11), I'm going out for a run. Or maybe setting my alarm and (this time I will. I promise I will. No more snooze button!!) getting up early to run. Thank goodness basketball (for me) starts next week!

Anonymous said...

No need to workout....really....just keep breathing....smiles.

Julie said...

Yep, that was last week, the full week from beginning to end. Thank God this week is calmer. Hopefully things slow down for you too. That you're going to go bald with stress.
I have read some of your entries and love you blog.
I am following you from Lucy's Fat to Fit.
Take care and try and relax and get a good night sleep. Tomorrow will be a better day. God Bless!!!

Hey Monkey Butt said...

Good luck with all of that lady! I don't want to think about such things!! Grr...Altho I have a million and 1 things to get together for this halloween thang coming up..what this weekend? Ahhhh I will never make it. I feel some of your pain!! But once again, good luck.. Love the post!

Teresa said...

LOL - I have days like that. Different stories, same ending. It makes me wonder when I even have time to breathe, let alone actually do it. hahaha!

Xanax... j/k

No I'm not...

1/2 Xanax... If you don't have that, then Benadryl and Tylenol. Night-night...

Sam said...

holy crap-reading this post made me start panting as though id been running a marathon-which is apparently what you have been doing. I think you need a spa day. In fact-I ORDER YOU-to take a spa day!

.bec said...

The entire time I was reading your post I was envisioning a cartoon Mom running around trying to get everything done. All the while, she had cartoon bubble thoughts above her head playing out the way her days should go, like lying on the beach, telling someone "No" for a change, spending a quiet day at the spa...you know, all the things we never get to do after we have to morph into Super Mom. :) Hang in there!