Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I'm smarter in the Shower

I have all my best Epiphany’s in the Shower. There I am minding my own business and out of nowhere I am hit with a thought, a realization, an idea, or a vision of what could happen. Thank god there are no cameras in the shower for the funny looks I must make in there.

I really need a waterproof pen and board, so I can write stuff down that comes to me. It’s not like I want this to happen to me in the shower, it’s not like I don’t have anything better to do. I have OCD remember, so I shave every single day no matter what – I’m busy in the shower, and it would be nice if I could be left alone to be a normal showering person. But no, instead I have to have light bulb moments and ideas to the point of distraction. Without my little sticky notes, I then have to recite the things that I am now thinking of until I leave the shower. I have failed to put pen and paper in the bathroom, so I continue to chant my mantra (buy more shampoo, sew patches on brownie uniform, make sure parts are shipping red, find sitter for Friday, blog about shower disturbances, invent waterproof message board) until I leave the bathroom and find pen and paper.


Somebody Beat me to it!!
  Many a morning you can see me streaking to the kitchen to find pen and paper to only then slip and slide my way back to the bathroom. I am not talking always serious and life changing things (that occurs maybe once or twice a year only) I mean stuff like things we need from the store that WHAM slap me in the brain like a glop of soap in the eye. Or like today when I remembered an important thing about a client and then proceeded to panic until I got to work only to discover that everything was taken care of. I have thought of everything from new inventions, new ways to satisfy a customer, figured out how to get my third grader to spell better, made a list of things for the Claus’s to buy and remembered important events in the nick of time all while IN THE SHOWER.


Maybe I should take more showers throughout the day and I would be more productive, and intuitive. Honestly, sometimes I wonder what I would do without my shower-time. However, the thought of getting up any earlier to be a more productive and thought-provoking citizen, well it’s not going to happen.

Maybe they should hold world peace conferences in a group shower setting?



Enjoying being smarter in the shower – How are you?

PS -The hubby said he needs pen and paper attached to the lawn mower - this is when his light bulb goes off!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

LOL - that is too funny. I have the same light bulb moments. Soap isn't just for showering... I've written notes on the shower doors before with soap. I've started keeping a note pad next to the bed for those 3am moments.

Hey Monkey Butt said...

Ah yes, I also have these moments. But unlike you, I forget to keep the notepads handy, however, if they were handy they would be full of adorable pictures drawn by my 6 yr old. I'd lose my head if it weren't attached!